It has been almost three years since Microsoft Business Central debuted. It was formerly known as Microsoft Dynamics NAV (NAV). The Business Central Upgrade offers modern technology, a more agile interface, tailored features, and so on. Hence, it is better to Upgrade NAV to Dynamics 365.
It did not take too long to establish itself as one of the best Enterprise Resource Planning in the market for Small to medium businesses. Still, many businesses prefer to use legacy solutions such as Dynamics NAV or Dynamics GP. However, there are strong reasons for Business Central Upgrade. Some of its benefits include but are not limited to:
- Custom adaptability.
- Advanced mobile access.
- App integration.
- Reporting capabilities.
- Seamless upgrades.
Those organizations that have been slow in moving from NAV to Dynamics 365 BC have to worry about implementation delays, associated costs, and other business disruptions. There is misinformation about the whole thing out in the market and this article aims to eliminate the noise.
What is the Difference Between Dynamics NAV and Microsoft Dynamics Business Central?
- Microsoft Dynamic NAV and Microsoft Dynamics Business Central have similar functionalities. However, one of the major differences is that D365 BC is a browser-based software.
- 365 BC provides all the capabilities that NAV offers like Sales, Services, Operation Management, etc. but with a wider reach and more flexibility.
- The last difference has to do with licensing. Where Business Central is licensed for name-based users, Business Central is licensed for concurrent users.
Why should you upgrade from NAV to Business Central?
NAV’s functionalities are extensive and include supply chain management, financial management, service, marketing, sales, reporting, business intelligence, and a lot more. One of the biggest fears of current NAV users would be training their employees for the upgraded version and transitioning a great deal of data from NAV to Microsoft Dynamics Business Central.
However, not many people know that the data structure of 365 BC is similar to that of NAV. Therefore, as long as your data is well organized and far away from corruption, the transition will be seamless.
Apart from transition concerns, what about NAV updates? While most recent NAV versions are still mainstream, the older versions are not entitled to support. And those supported currently will be out of support by January 2023, with just security updates available for an additional five years. In addition, all updates will no longer include general advancements and modern technologies.
Here are five reasons why you would want to upgrade NAV to Business Central:
- Microsoft Business Central Upgrade happens twice a year and therefore, letting you enjoy the latest and secure version.
- Since Microsoft Dynamics Business Central is cloud-based software, the user can access it anytime, anywhere at any device. They do not have to make further investments in hardware, maintenance agreements, and servers. Furthermore, security is the topmost concern of any organization and thankfully, Microsoft’s 3,500 cyber security professionals are working 24/7 to protect you from any cyber threat.
- D365 also integrates with other Microsoft Dynamics tools, including Office 365, Azure, and other D365 products.
- It also improves search capabilities due to data being cleaner and better organized in D365b BC.
- Instead of certain licensing fees and annual enhancements, you can pay per user every month. Therefore, letting you manage costs more efficiently.
Updated Features of Dynamics 365 Business Central
Application Update: Within the application, some of the most requested areas have been centralized that include supply chain and finance. Given below are some of the features included in this release:
- The user can add additional columns through personalization in various pages to get more insights.
- Add non-inventory items on requisition and planning worksheets.
- Bank and payment reconciliation.
- Couple reorders between Business Central and Dataverse in bulk.
Modern Web Client: the primary focus on the update revolves around accessibility, usability, and stability. Given below are the latest updates:
- Seamless data entry throughout rows.
- Performance and usability improvement to the BC web client.
- Discovering reports and administration areas in Role explorer.
- Support for localized decimal separators on numeric keypads.
Better Microsoft Dynamics 365 integration: It provides enhancements to the Microsoft team’s integration.
- New users who do not have a subscription can redirect and sign-up for a trial subscription.
- Multiple word search and special characters for looking up contacts while presenting improved search term capabilities.
What is the Downside of Sticking to NAV?
From a technical point of view, it is an upgrade. However, note that Microsoft Constantly invests its resources and time on Dynamics365 Business Central development. As mentioned already, it will not introduce future updates for NAV. Thus, for this reason alone, we recommend migrating your system to Business Central and remaining ahead of the curve to promote future growth.
When you Upgrade NAV to Dynamics 365, you avail your organization of exactly what it needs to operate more effectively and efficiently. Highly flexible, feature-rich, and adaptable, Business Central Upgrade is one of the best end-to-end business solutions a small to medium-size business can invest in. If you are looking for an implementation partner, you may contact Trident Information Systems.