Mobility Solutions for Transportation and Logistics industry
Transportation and logistics companies operate in a complex market. Travelers expect top-notch customer service and the ability to transact with mobile devices, and new competitors are constantly challenging the traditional way of doing business. To effectively compete in this industry, organizations must improve operations, distribution, and fleet management in order to better react to changes in costs, market consolidation, and global competition.
Leverage mobility for enhancing every facet of your operations -right from fleet management to customer service.
With mobility making rapid inroads into the logistics industry, the traditional landscape of manual processes are getting replaced with automation impacting standardized processes and workflows. Mobility can work wonders in every facet of the logistics industry -be it cargo, freight transportation, logistics services and freight documentation.
In fact, automating key processes such as sales & customer service functions, addressing capacity planning and archaic logistical workflows can go a long way in improving greater level of visibility, enabling quick decision making, better margins and higher productivity. Precisely stated, mobility is becoming the new face of customer experience and engagement, transforming the traditional landscape of the transportation & logistics industry.
Unique Challenges for the Transportation & Logistics Industry
- Increased need for inbound and outbound freight visibility and control
- Redundant and archaic logistical processes that delay the delivery of goods on time
- Lack of proper analytics to gauge the performance of the operations leading to chaos and customer dissatisfaction
- Manual processes and legacy systems that lead to poor customer response
- Inaccessibility of critical data for field and logistical personnel to track the movements of goods and cargo.
Harness the Power of Mobile Solutions to Transform your Business!
Driver Monitoring Solution
Along with Fleet Management or mobile cargo Solution a fleet manager or enterprise can:
- Monitor the hazardous driving pattern with events like Sudden Acceleration, Harsh Braking and Harsh Maneuver in real time
- Visualize driving data for 60 seconds before the event and 20 seconds post event to analyze the driving pattern and asses
- Monitor driver/carrier safety index to evaluate performance and ensure enterprise level transport safety compliance
- Provide verifiable documentation for accident claims, disproving invalid claims and reducing claim costs
Real Time Exception Alerting – Fleet manager/Vehicle owner/logistics managers can monitor the unsafe driving events/exceptional driving pattern and negotiate with driver to ensure safety
Driver Performance Analysis – Complete historical performance representation of the driving pattern and exceptional event history based safety index helps to counsel drivers & rate them
Lower Accident Claims – Provide verifiable documentation for accident claims, disproving invalid claims and reducing claim costs
Reduce Vehicle Maintenance Cost – Reduces vehicle component wear and tear thus lowering risk of accidents related to mechanical damage
Mobile Cargo Solutions
- Trip based tracking of all on-trip GPS fitted vehicles with route, delivery and safety compliance
- Logistics operational dashboards & alerts to manage exceptions based on en route stoppage, delay, off route, delivery and safety adherence
- Real Time ETD (Expected Time of Delivery) prediction and Vehicle Availability forecast
- Trip Performance Rating Index (Carrier/Driver Rating Engine based on trip performance)
- Multi level role based access (Consigner, Consignee, Transporters, other stake holder)
Vehicle/Consignment Visibility – Brings real time visibility of goods on the road, to the dispatcher and the receiver
Timely Delivery – Web enabled track-n-trace system allows users to monitor the status of their consignments against the defined route from loading to unloading point resulting in delivery, route adherence and pilferage prevention
Plant/Depot Efficiency – Increasing the efficiency by reducing the time taken for loading / unloading
Load Planning and vehicle utilization – Vehicle availability dashboard acts as load planning tool by providing real time information of the vehicles arriving at loading location
Performance – Complete fleet movement along with historic data and dispatch data provides MIS tool to analyze the number of trips, per trip performance, route evaluation, TAT etc. which helps in rewarding or penalizing the drivers
Safety Norm Adherence – System provides alerts in case of off-routes, unauthorized stoppages or over speeds beyond set limit, thus providing better control and safety
Carrier Scorecard – Visual Cargo contains a unique trip performance measurement (KPI) tool to provide carrier and driver performance ratings. The tool not only helps dispatchers to evaluate the performance of each contracted carrier/driver but also helps the enterprise to analyze their logistics network.
Customer Servicing Solutions
- mobile bookings for door delivery,
- track the movement of your shipment
- Complaint Management Systems
Easy Pickup Services
Every individual customer has their own specific requirements for pick-up, like some customers want them to get their courier picked up from their home, whereas others want to get picked up from an office, shop or the place at their convenience.And having a mobile app for your logistics business can be an effective mean of booking shipments.
Proof of Delivering Goods
It is one of the significant parts of the logistics process. As it generates a valid proof of delivering the shipment to the planned recipient and ensure that it has been received in good condition.
Better Decision Making
Having a business mobile app help your employees to capture and supply data in real time and assist them to make better business-related decisions.
Customer Communication & Satisfaction
Increase customers happiness and delivery efficiency with automated delivery notifications and reminders. A dedicated app can let the customers track their shipments and let them know the estimated delivery time.
Mobile Fleet Management Solutions
- Track single or multiple vehicles with latest location / Trial
- View Ignition status, Vehicle battery power, and associated GPS data’s such as speed, distance travelled, driver details etc.
- Generate various fleet productivity MIS reports
- Receive real time alerts in case of business events and exceptions such as over speed, stoppage, strategic geo area entry/exit and much more.
Real Time Visibility – Fleet manager/Vehicle owner can monitor the movement of their vehicles real time on a street level map to improve visibility and asset utilization.
Fleet Performance Analysis – Complete historical movement, distance traveled and driving data provides MIS tool to analyze the number of trips, total distance covered, turnaround time & exceptions. This results in efficient fleet utilization and logistics planning to Fleet operator.
Increased Productivity & Improved Safety – Extended visibility on real time location of the vehicle to all stake holders provides visibility and security of the fleet.
Exception Reporting – FMS provides alerts in case of vehicle over speeding beyond the set limit, reaching or leaving a set geography (Geo fence) and stopping at unauthorized locations thus providing better control & safety.
Examples of high-value processes that can drive the greatest measurable benefits from mobile solutions include:
Sales & Customer Service
- Improve self-service for customers
- Enable sales executives to access crucial data (statistics) for better decision making
- Eliminate tedious manual tasks that otherwise impact the fleet & travel operations
- Augment sales revenues via different channels and enhance market share.
- Gain higher visibility into inventory and costs for better operational planning
- Optimize costs and enhance capacity control
- Eliminate redundant manual and archaic processes to improve operational excellence and improved customer support
- Ensure quick tracking and optimization of routes, thereby reducing overall operational overheads
Finance & Analytics
- Enhance decision making across core areas of financial domain by having greater control of financial inflow and outflows
- Get instant access to key financial indicators and track performance with up-to date analytics and reports
- Enhance responsiveness for internal employee productivity by way of Finance automation.
- Optimize capacity utilization
- Equip shippers and customer brokers to file shipment instructions online
- Minimize errors through electronic generation and delivery of manifest
- Ensure secured product distribution and traceability