There is a pretty good reason to Upgrade GP to Business Central; the product’s life cycle has come to an end. Therefore, making it an obvious replacement. Dynamics GP 2015 and GP 2015 R2 mainstream support ended on April 14, 2020, and the extended support is valid up to April 8, 2025. Dynamics GP 2016 and GP 2016 R2 mainstream support terminated on July 13, 2021, and the extended support was extended to July 14, 2026. Dynamics GP 2018 and GP 2018 R2 mainstream support will end on January 10, 2023, while extended support till January 11, 2028.
Moreover, even though Dynamics GP was designed for the cloud as well, it worked best on-premises. It is less flexible than its successor: Microsoft Dynamics Business Central.
Microsoft Dynamics GP is complex software that may not suit small businesses. Its tools can often overwhelm its users. For instance, there are numerous options for reporting, but the user may not be able to spot the required information due to so many options available.
Dynamics GP does not have an intuitive interface hence staff training on the software becomes mandatory in most cases. This software comes with a learning curve in most parts. Therefore, giving you another reason to consider GP to Business Central Upgrade.
Upgrade GP to Business Central Because:
- Microsoft Business Central is exceptionally adaptable and feature-rich software. It helps businesses manage their manufacturing, sales, finance, shipping, services, project management, and customers. Upgrade GP to Business Central and enjoy its features:
- Enhancement Capabilities: Besides the user interface, you can add new rules, processing, and fields to enrich Business Central. After GP to Dynamics 365 Business Central Upgrade, you no longer need legacy development skills, which you earlier needed for GP to accomplish the same.
- Customized Business Processing: After upgrading to GP to Dynamics 365 Business Central, if you are unable to address your unique business processing requirements by base business central or a companion solution, you can still customize the application without disturbing the solution updates.
- Arranging Deployment Options: Most of the competing ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) solution providers allow just one deployment method straight to the cloud. However, this is not the case with Business Central. Upgrade GP to Business Central and access a few more options and decide when you wish to deploy.
- Intuitive Interface: Microsoft Business Central delivers advanced features and an intuitive interface. MS Office 365 delivers the same user interface that your staff would already be familiar with i.e., Word, Excel, Outlook. It also includes Teams, Power BI (Business Intelligence), and Flow.
- Latest User Experience: GP has not changed its interface for the past 2 decades. However, when you Upgrade GP to Business Central, you can access the latest and updated interface as BC (Business Central) is based on cloud access. Even your non-technical internal sources can modify the windows as they please.
Benefits of Microsoft Business Central
- Reporting and Analytics: Data availability on the cloud allows reporting and analytical tools. It leverages Power BI with Microsoft Azure and manages huge data. Power BI extracts data from multiple sources and turns it into intuitive and actionable reports. It is a key feature that supports more logical decisions.
- Centralized Control: Having all the necessities from finance to customer data to supply chain on the same platform. Gives centralized control of your business your access to data from all your retail chains or different branches of any business on the same platform. A centralized view endorses better decisions and more impactful strategies.
- Impressive ROI (Return on Investment): Better control of your business, better decisions, and robust business-boosting strategies contribute to a greater ROI. Automation replaces manual tasks, hence freeing up staff to focus on more productive activities.
- Staff Empowerment: With the Business Central Upgrade, your staff can leverage automation to ease their burden. For instance, in a factory, the staff can access real-time inventory available and plan orders accordingly while avoiding overstocking and understocking.
- Happier Customers: Microsoft Power BI extracts customer data from different touchpoints, analyzes them, and turns them into insightful plus actionable reports. Having customer data at hand helps segregate them into groups with the same or similar preferences followed by allocating suitable offers to each group.
Upgrade GP to Business Central for enhanced and more robust features. Embrace a better ROI and empower staff. With Microsoft Business Central, get ERP and CRM on the same platform. If you are looking for BC implementation, you can contact Trident Information Systems. We are Gold Microsoft Dynamics 365 and Diamond LS Retail Implementation Partner.